YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, so it’s no surprise that keyword research is essential for getting your videos seen. By understanding what people are searching for, you can create videos that are more likely to be found and watched.
Here are the steps involved in doing keyword research for YouTube SEO:
- Choose your topic. What are you passionate about? What do you know a lot about? What are people searching for on YouTube? Once you have a topic, start brainstorming keywords related to it.
- Use keyword research tools. There are a number of keyword research tools available, both free and paid. These tools can help you find keywords that have high search volume and low competition.
- Consider the search intent. When people search for a keyword, they are usually looking for something specific. It’s important to understand the search intent behind each keyword so that you can create a video that meets the user’s needs.
- Do your competition research. Look at the videos that are currently ranking for your target keywords. What are they doing well? What could they be doing better?
- Optimize your title and description. Your title and description are some of the most important factors in YouTube SEO. Make sure to include your target keywords in both of these areas.
- Use relevant keywords throughout your video. Don’t just stuff your keywords into your title and description. Use them throughout your video in a natural way.
- Promote your video. Once you’ve created a great video, don’t forget to promote it! Share it on social media, submit it to relevant playlists, and use relevant hashtags.
Here are some additional tips for doing keyword research for YouTube SEO:
- Use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific and have less competition than short-tail keywords.
- Target keywords that are relevant to your audience. Don’t just target keywords that have a lot of search volume. Make sure they are also relevant to the people who are likely to watch your videos.
- Update your keyword research regularly. The search landscape is constantly changing, so it’s important to update your keyword research regularly.
By following these tips, you can do keyword research for YouTube SEO and create videos that are more likely to be found and watched.